Sunday, January 16, 2011

SERIOUS MESSAGE IN HERE SOMEPLACE

A fleeing Taliban, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghan desert when
he saw an oasis in the distance. Hoping to find water, he hurried to it and found only a little old Jewish man at a small stand selling neckties. “I’m sorry, I have no water but would you like to buy a tie? They are only five dollars.”  The angry Taliban shouted,                                                                                                        
"Idiot! I do not need an over-priced tie. I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first! 
                              
"OK," said the old Jewish man, "It does not matter that you won’t buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you I am bigger than you. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles you will find a lovely restaurant and it has all the ice-cold water you need. Shalom.

Cursing, the Taliban staggered over the sand dune. Several hours later he crawled back, nearly dead and said, ”Your  brother won’t let me in without a tie.”
                                          

No comments:

Deb's Education Corner