Wednesday, January 27, 2010

NEVER TOO OLD TO BE SCAMMED


A Cathy Wilson of Smithfield, if there really is such a person, is taking a terrible risk representing a firm that will scam you and take your money mercilessly. I bit on it, a method for whitening teeth. The magazine article suggests you to buy two separate products from different companies and combine the two for the whitest teeth possible. The charges for the two products are minimal but then they get you. You learn you are already signed up for several months supply at over $84 per month UNLESS you send the product you just received back immediately. I went so far as to send it back the next day and through the post office forced them to sign for it. That company called me to say I had successfully cancelled the order but the very next credit card statement showed a charge for $84. My credit card rep said many folks have been victims of this fraud and find themselves legally stuck for the payments. See the picture ad in the Suffolk News Herald

5 comments:

Dianne said...

I feel the same as Mrs. Wilson. When I purchased my home I was told about the schools, low taxes, and the great quality of life living in Suffolk. When I received my twice annual tax bill I nearly jumped out of my skin. My assessment had leaped along with my water and sewer bills. The schools became an accredition nightmere. I had to pay for bulk garbage pick up and now they want $12 a month for recycling. The $84 per month Mrs. Wilson was scammed is nothing to how badly we were.

Anonymous said...

Dianne, you read the Post wrong. It said that Wilson's testimony was nothow she was scammed, but that she backed the scammers. Read it slowly.

Anonymous said...

Yea I bought Tiger Woods DVD titled Tigers 18 Favorite Holes. I was scammed $19.99 plus shipping and handling. Gee I miss Billy Mays.

Anonymous said...

I received DVD about Swedes clubbing. All it was about was artic seals and Tiger Woods.

Anonymous said...

The $12 a month will be paid to TFC Recycling. Not the City of Suffolk.

Deb's Education Corner