Saturday, May 2, 2009

WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY AFTER

I’ve never seen such a fuss over credit reports. Every time I log on to the internet some pop up ad or E-mail message is admonishing me to get a free credit report; why? Somebody is up to something. I have managed 84 years without knowing or wanting to know if my credit is good or bad and I could not care less about the number. So a score of 750 is good for what? And it is suggested I get all three reports, apparently there are three different organizations that already know. They make it seem as important as a good relationship with my maker. Could it be they want my E-mail address for some bad reason, like I don’t get enough spam-junk already? This has been going on for months and years as though they are trying their best to keep me from being unsophisticated. I wonder just how many fish fill out those forms; knuckle under to such obvious pressure. I have never had a problem borrowing money for this or that, lenders seem only interested in the interest. I am going to hold out the rest of my life against signing up for the reports…do you suppose the undertaker will want to know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: free credit reports. Another good reason these days to get all three is to be sure no one has stolen your identity and opened another line of credit you
don't know about.

Anonymous said...

The problem is spyware software. Once you log in for a free credit report and submit your social security number a third party can pick it up. You need to ensure no spyware has been loaded to your PC.

Anonymous said...

Did you know -your credit score drops- each time you or someone else checks it.

Deb's Education Corner