Monday, February 14, 2011

MY MORNING PICK ME UP

I like the Suffolk News Herald, wrote a column in it for twelve years, and the people comprising the staff. “IS” congratulates recent promotions. I poke around in the various departments looking for news I missed and this morning came across an ad I’d not noticed before entitled “Too Many Girls.” Curious I clicked on it and to my surprise it opened to a new world labeled, “Naughty Girls in Suffolk.  What followed then was quite a gallery of ladies available for “conversation.” So here I am I rushing to acquaint readers of their availability when I figured I’d better check my sources…I went to the exact spot and wasted fifteen minutes, it had disappeared. That’s the reason “IS” does not traffic in the pop-up-ad business…having no control over what may appear as an ad can be risky. We’d bet no one at the SNH would OK that ad and probably few SNH readers have seen it. Besides, this is Suffolk, there are no Naughty Girls here, certainly none with the frontal proportions exhibited in that ad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the SNH could figure out how to print the news on those tank tops, subscriptions would skyrocket. Happy Valentine's Day ya-all.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mr Pock. You're now on this girlie cite and will probably get all kinds of future solicitations, My wife won't let me click on.

Anonymous said...

Pock at eighty something is getting solicitations from "naughty girls" is quite a compliment.

rpock said...

It's 86 but was that a question or a statement? I can do nothing about the number of years behind me. As for the naughty girls, it's a business. I don't question their marketing methods and do keep at least one eye open to observe the product. I go back a long way and illustrations always have assisted the sale. With me age has nothing to do with live and learn. At 86 any compliment is accepted with grace.

Anonymous said...

Mr Pock, I have a lot of confidence in you, but I'm not sure you can handle this with a Hershey Bar.

Anonymous said...

The third comment was meant to be a compliment and a tip of the hat to you. Suggest wearing dark sunglasses and have a defib unit close on hand if you're heading to the beach this summer.

rpock said...

I must tell you that a box of Hershey bars in Europe during the war could get you anything. And the Hershey company owners were rich by the end of it. We could buy all we wanted and because of my early Methodist training mine went to the half starved kids in several of the war torn cities. Friend or enemy kids were all the same. OK, I ate a few myself...we had a lousy cook.

Deb's Education Corner