Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Maybe we need Superman or Superwoman for our new superintendent

Okay, we might not get Superman or Superwoman, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

The School Board has asked for input related to characteristics of the new superintendent.  I finished my thoughts tonight and will email them to each Board member.   Download my letter to the Board.

If you haven't had a chance to share your thoughts, you might want to take a few minutes to do so.

Just visit the link posted on the website for Suffolk Public Schools:

http://www.spsk12.net/departments/pi/09-10%20NewsItems/publicinput.asp
At this site you can add your own ideas and read the comments from others.

3 comments:

Toasted Cracker said...

SPS Superman whomever he or she is better not try jumping off a celtower. Happy landings to the person that is selected because they are right color, with the right (left) political credentials, with the right connections to the School Board can spend money with not one iota of scholastic improvement. Remember the NEA is watching ya'alls.

Anonymous said...

The man who sells caps and gowns and school rings should not be on the school board, no matter his popularity. This guy ran for mayor and lost so he is just looking for a better market with a solid in. The city even made him official seller to the schools. WHY?

tom said...

On a previous post I said "I downloaded your ERROR". That was one of those stupid mistakes I tend to make, thinking one thing and typing another. What I meant to say, was; I downloaded your LETTER. I apologize for the mistake, please do not think it was part of some conspiracy.

I do not know you Mrs Wahlstrom, but can see from your credentials, that you have long worked within the system, and the system, no place in the nation has improved, so I with no disrespect, think we need someone else.

Deb's Education Corner